We are grateful for our lovely followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 13 September 2010

Spotlight - Alcohol Inks

Wow you sure love your bling bling!! Thank You for your fab entries to the glitter and sparkle challenge, winner to be announced in the week! We will also be spotlighting entries to the spotlight challenges at random times so check back between challenges to see if we're spotlighting you!
Onto our new challenge which this fortnight is ALCOHOL INKS. Oh yes, those things you probably bought at a show and consigned to the cupboard well its time to Free them!!! The team have come up with various ways of using them aside from the doofer tool thingy lol! They can decorate numerous items including metal and wood so give them a whirl! BTW they don't have to be Ranger branded, Pinata is fine too!
As always our challenge runs for 2 weeks, some of the team are also playing along with the main challenge too and have done a clean and simple card using alcohol inks but so long as you use the inks you can submit whatever you like :)
Over to the team and their inspiring creations, thanks girls!



I had these plain tins which were a bit boring, and I decided to zhuzh them up a bit with alcohol inks. After some playing I realised that rather than dabbing the applicator onto the tin it was best to let the inks do their own thing. But as the tin was ever so slightly textured they kept stopping. Eventually I discovered if I wiped the tins down with the blending solution first and, before it was dry dripped on the inks, it gave a much nicer effect. I turned the tin into a jewellery gift box with some recyled packaging tissue paper. I then used some old Nestability packaging and cut out a Go Kreate die shape from the packaging and did the same with that. I matted it onto plain lemon cardstock and added an acetate butterfly to finish it off.







I used the alcohol inks on memory glass (why is it called memory glass - anyone know?) and stamped my owls on top using Jet Black Archival Ink. I attached the glass to white card using Glossy Accents then layered the white onto green card, the little gems are hiding the spots left by the Glossy Accents! I then cut a strip of the green card and punched a border with a Stampin Up punch and layered some ribbon on top. The backing paper is Bloom & Grow by MME and the little sentiment is from Studio G.




Jack




Clean and simple AND alcohol inks - simples! I stamped the sentiment (from Hero Arts Anytime Messages) directly onto a white card blank and added a bit of ribbon. Then I coloured some glossy paper with Shell Pink and Red Pepper Alcohol Inks, stamped the butterfly (Clear Choice 20 Best Friends stamps) in Black Onyx Versafine and clear embossed. Cut it out and popped it on the top.





I added two colours of Alcohol inks (Citrus and Pool) to the felt on an applicator, keeping them far enough apart that they didn't bleed into each other, then dragged the applicator across a piece of glossy card to create a duo coloured stripe. Stamped the Greeting (SU) and the butterfly (ISC) with Memories Black ink, then embossed them with clear powder while still wet. Coloured another piece of glossy card with the same alcohol inks, then stamped and embossed the butterfly again; cut it out and attached it over the top of the original one, using double sided foam tape, revealing antennae underneath it. Added three citrus brads under stripe to balance the design, then layered onto turquoise card and white card.


VIX

I used Claudine Hellmuth sticky back canvas and dropped blending solution on a piece then some cool peri alcohol inks which spread making shades of purples and pinks. I've also smudged patches of a metallic gold reinker on for some glam. I've used more alcohol inks (pink sherbet & cool peri) on glossy card and ran through the cuttlebug and stamped sentiment on a blue & purple piece.




EI


I used a white gloss cardstock ( Astrolux) and Ranger Alochol inks from the Rainbow collection.
Using a non-stick worksheet to protect my worktop, I dropped very small puddles of different inks and a light smattering of blending solution onto the card, then blew it around through a straw. When is was mostly dry, I placed an absorbent paper on top and blotted it then 'polished' it with kitchen roll.
I then stamped on it with Versafine black and the three different stamps you see.
I then heat-set it and mounted it on silver and Bazzil with two different types of ribbon to finish off. The verse is mine - you're welcome to use it!




6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous projects by the DT and great challenge as well. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME challenge! LOVE the work from the DT, thanks so much for this fun challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okey Dokey girls, I have tried again, I think I got it right this time. You girls have lots of patience and you're much appreciated. You've got a great challenge site here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have worn I'd left a message here when I posted my entry saying how amazing all the DT crations were and thanking you all for making me break open my alcohol inks.... maybe I dremt it lol!

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some gorgeous cards here!

    Ger x.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining in our challenges and leaving lovely comments.